Get Involved With Volunteering
GET INVOLVED WITH POBLO
SUPPORT PARTNERSHIP: Discipleship Training Years
“God is working in me in so many ways; my relationship with Him has grown beyond what I could have ever imagined. SEND has given me a fire for revival in my generation.”
50% of Christians today do not know how to share their faith with people they already know. POBLO International has partnered with the SEND Movement.
Our mission is to equip and prepare you to live out God’s purpose for your life, wherever He sends you. We combine biblical training and hands-on mission experiences to take you to the next level in your faith; we are dedicated to helping you discover God’s plan for your life, deepen your relationship with Him, and make a difference in the world.
Many young adults today are feeling confused and unsure for the direction in their life. At SEND, we help young adults discover their purpose and role to transform the world around them for Jesus.
The Bible is filled with verses encouraging believers to pray at all times and for all things (1 Chronicles 16:11, Colossians 4:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17), and prayer is a significant aspect of our Christian ministry. If you would like to support us through prayer, we would invite you to pray for the following:
- For open hearts to hear the Gospel message and receive Truth
- For additional Christian missionary workers in Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Lincoln, NE; and Toledo, OH (we are in particular need of missionaries who speak Arabic)
- For safety and protection of our missionaries in the U.S., India, and Pakistan
- For the youth, especially young Christian women who are involved with Muslim men
- For more churches to partner with POBLO in our efforts to share the Gospel with Muslims and other unreached groups in the U.S.
- For more International Friendship Centers to be established
- For finances to start new POBLO locations and expand our Christian ministry
- For more volunteers to reach out to their communities through IFC
If you would like to volunteer your time with POBLO, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities for you to get involved:
- Teach English Classes- Churches wishing to start English classes need volunteer teachers and assistants to run the classes. Teachers can be from several churches, so even if your church does not currently offer its own English classes, POBLO can connect you to another church that does. English classes are a key way to engage the local community and begin to build friendships with immigrants and refugees in your area.
- Teach Sewing Classes- If you have sewing skills, or you would like the opportunity to connect with immigrant and refugee women in your community, you can volunteer to help lead a sewing class through your church or another local church. These classes provide a great opportunity for fellowship and new friendships.
- Food & Clothing Distribution- If you are interested in helping distribute food and clothing to immigrant and refugee families in need, we can connect you with a local church that has a distribution center. Volunteers can help by organizing food and clothing, preparing food boxes for families, and distribution.
- Newsletter- One afternoon a month, we prepare our newsletter in our Clinton Township, MI office. Volunteers help to insert envelopes into newsletters, seal them, and package them. If you are local and would like to help with these, we would love to have you! Lunch is provided for volunteers.
POBLO works with many individuals and families who have significant physical needs. We are always accepting the following donations:
- Food (non-perishable)
- Clothing and shoes that are in good condition (winter coats are especially needed)
- Furniture (couches, tables, chairs, bed frames, etc.)
- Household items (kitchen supplies, towels, blankets, etc.)
- Vehicles (to be used in picking up students at our IFCs)
- Sewing supplies (e.g. sewing machines, fabric, thread) for our IFCs
- Computers (for computer classes at our IFCs)
- Basic English books (for our ESL classes).
LOCAL MISSION TRIPS
POBLO offers one-day local mission trips for those interested in learning more about our Christian work. You can spend time with a missionary and experience first-hand what it’s like to engage in cross-cultural missions in the U.S. You can “shadow” a missionary as he or she visits people, leads a Bible study, or hands out food and clothing to those in need. This charitable experience will help you to gain an understanding of how our missionaries develop relationships and share the love of Christ in practical ways. Mission trips can be scheduled in a state where POBLO has a ministry (Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, or Wisconsin).
Contact us for more information.
POBLO has developed Bible study guides and training materials on the following topics:
Powerpoint and DVD Lecture Series on Islam, Hinduism and Sikhism.
- The History of Islam
- The Teachings of Islam
- The Allah of the Quran Vs. the God of the Bible
- Women in Islam
- How to Respond to the Challenge of Islam